These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

New Multi segment LEDb wash bars

Discuss the latest developments or get support for them HERE.
blaide13
Commited FS Forum helper
FreeStyler Version: 3.0.1
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

New Multi segment LEDb wash bars

Post by blaide13 »

I am in Beijing right now buying new lighting to sell through our company. One of the items is an updated version of the AMERICAN dj MEGA Bar, only this version has 8 segments instead of three. Onge's LED Bar Tutorial in the Wiki explains step by step how to create a fixture profile ib fixture creator for this bar by creating 4 segments (1 for the dimmer, strobe portion and 3 for RGB controll of each bar segment). This new bar has 8 segments so the total DMX channels it has are 28(24 chanels for the 8 RGB sections, 1 for dimmer, 1 for strobe, 1 or programs and 1 or program speed/sound sensitivity), If i follow Onge's tutorial, then I'll have 9 segments for each fixture. If I have 10 or more of these fixtures, then that's going to get quite messing and cluttered. Isn't there a easier and more strreamlined way to control these fixtures? I also have a version of the American DJ Mega Bar Pro with 27 1 watt LED bulbs and different DMX channel modes. One of the modes let's you control each of the individual led bulbsa. Again, if we use Onge's tutorial, then we would have a fixture profie made up of 30 sections, which would be cumbersome to say the least. There must be an easier way. Any suggestions from anyone?

blaide13
Commited FS Forum helper
FreeStyler Version: 3.0.1
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Re: New Multi segment LEDb wash bars

Post by blaide13 »

Anyone?
LJ_krede.dk
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.7
I Use FreeStyler for: Where do I start?

Re: New Multi segment LEDb wash bars

Post by LJ_krede.dk »

you dont have to make more than one fixture file per LED bar. however if you make only one fixture file you can't assign all LED segments in the fixture creator. you can still control each segment by using the slider to the right in FS when you have selected the fixtures.

if you want to control the segment from a midi controller with assigned RGB faders/encoders you have to make several fixture files to do so.

I did the same as Onge for the Eurolite LED bar 324/10:
lj_krede wrote: the uploaded fixtures is for 20 channel Mode (6 segment)
you can control the LED bar on two ways:
  • eurolite LED bar 324-10 - 20ch.pff
    One fixture. The RGB fader in Freestyler controls the first LED segment.
  • Eurolite LED bar 324-10 - 20ch.rar
    If you want RGB faders for each segment download this file. contains 6 fixtures used for one LED bar. I am using this to control the LED by MIDI interface, so I select a fixture which controls the desirable segment and using the RGB faders on my MIDI interface. you can control all segments in all fixtures, its just the RGB channels which is different. Intensity and Strobe is the same for all segments
at the moment I think it is the only ways to control fixtures with 2 or more segments.

Hope you could use this information.. otherwise feel free to ask again.
/LJ_krede.dk
Aalborg, Denmark
Moderator, Supporter and Bug report manager for the FreeStyler community
Found a bug? Submit a Bug Report

Return to “FreeStyler 3rd Party Addons and utilities”