These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

DMX Newb: Choppy Slow Scans

Discussions concerning DMX gear in general.
rudypoochris
Knows how to turn Lights ON

DMX Newb: Choppy Slow Scans

Post by rudypoochris »

I am a DMX newb and happen to have a pair of older Chauvet Omega I Scanners. I am using the Velleman interface to communicate between the computer and the scanners. I do not have a terminator installed, but will work on getting one. I have tested using a 136ohm resistor across 2 and 3 and it has no effect on the issue.

The issue being that the sweeps are choppy. It is like the DMX scanner is going directly to that DMX value rather than understanding that it needs to slowly sweet across smoothly. On sound active mode this is not an issue, only on DMX. Is the scanner at fault? Velleman unit? The software? Please do assist. Thank you!

-Chris

djSupport
Hosts the Freestyler Forum and is an Admin!
FreeStyler Version: Forum la
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Re: DMX Newb: Choppy Slow Scans

Post by djSupport »

if you set your positions with the SNAP on then your lights will indeed snap to each position if you have them set as FADE they will fade across i.e.

you set a scanner to scan from point a on the left side of the room to the right using two scenes one where you set the eft postion and the 2nd where u set the right... if theres a yellow box on the pan tilt window that says snap then you light will go A-B immediately but if that button has FADE written on it it will fade (sweep) across the room from point a to b (a----------------------b) at the speed set in the fade time on the sequence window if the scene time is shorter then your fade time it wont complete the fade (a-----------------------) and if the scene time is longer than the fade time your light will move in the fade time then wont move till the scene time has elapsed Hope that helps :-)
Heather Trott, You Babe! I Drive a Dacia Duster and Explore! Check it out

Return to “Other DMX/Lighting questions”