These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Need finer control over sliders

Discuss suggestions here for the FreeStyler program then request them via the Bug Tracker
Forum rules
FreeStyler is made by Rapheal Wellekens there is no other person developing the software so please be aware that adding new features
and changing current ones may require a lot of work. This is a place to discuss ideas, please make requests via the feature request option on the BUG TRACKER
blaide13
Commited FS Forum helper
FreeStyler Version: 3.0.1
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Need finer control over sliders

Post by blaide13 »

I have some fixtures with many pre-programmed colors I have assigned to the Iris channel on Freestyler. The problem is that using a mouse to move the slider in single digt increments is VERY hard as the mouse movement is course. I would like to be able to click on any slider and then use the left and right arrow keys to increase or decrease the slider values incrementally. This way I can click on my Iris channel, hit the right arrow key and with each press, move the slider value from 1 to 2,3,4,5,6,7,etc.. This function may already exist, so forgive me if it does, but I can't find a way to do it. Anyone have suggestions or further info. on this or is this a feature which isn't currently written into the software?

Spirit
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.9
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Re: Need finer control over sliders

Post by Spirit »

Yes there are 2 ways :D
- Hard, With Go Command, 1@DMX1 this will set Channel one to Value one ;) .
- Easy, You can Also use "+" and "-" this will only work one the Lastest selected Channel. You can Find the + and - on the Keyboard Next to Backspace or Numpad but im not sure.

/spirit
AMD FX-6100 (3.6ghz)x6, Nvidia 770GTX 4GB, 8GB Ram,ROG MB, enttec Pro, Open enttec, Velleman, T2250MTS-B1 22"touchscreen, Ilyama 23" screen, scans, dimm, rgbled, laser, soundsystem Just a drive-in show. Live and Dance
blaide13
Commited FS Forum helper

Post by blaide13 »

I tried using the + and - keys located next to the back space as you suggested, but nothing happened. The = and - keys were tried after clicking on the iris slider, but no effect. Any other suggestions?
Jan_K
FreeStyler Version: Beta
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Post by Jan_K »

Hej guys

It is the + and - on the num pad.

And it is only working on the slider/fader in the slider panel right side of FS window.

Think will add that to wiki. :)

/Jan
blaide13
Commited FS Forum helper

Post by blaide13 »

I don't have a number pad on my laptop. I only have the plus and minus keys next to my backspace button. Is there another way to do this other than the mouse.
Spirit
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.9
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Post by Spirit »

Dont your laptop have some Kind of FN key.
My laptop haves a FN key this way i have a Numpad.
like J=1 and K=2 and L=3
and U=4 and I=5.

and : = - and / = +.
This FN key you can also trun the Wifi on or off, Or Mousepad on/off, Standby, Bluetooth on /off.

But i see your trying to Get al the Colormacro's, what not useing the Colorchannel instead of the Iris channel.
Because if you open freestyler en you open the Color window you see Blue arrows next to the Slider.
These Arraws also Adds One Dmx value each time you press it.

/spirit
AMD FX-6100 (3.6ghz)x6, Nvidia 770GTX 4GB, 8GB Ram,ROG MB, enttec Pro, Open enttec, Velleman, T2250MTS-B1 22"touchscreen, Ilyama 23" screen, scans, dimm, rgbled, laser, soundsystem Just a drive-in show. Live and Dance
blaide13
Commited FS Forum helper

Post by blaide13 »

Thank you so much. On my Laptop keyboard, the FN key (which was light blue) in combination with the Blue + and Blue - keys worked. Thank you so much. Consider this thread now finished and closexd.

Return to “Ideas and Remarks”