These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

can I create a virtual dimmer for an RGB device?

Discuss suggestions here for the FreeStyler program then request them via the Bug Tracker
Forum rules
FreeStyler is made by Rapheal Wellekens there is no other person developing the software so please be aware that adding new features
and changing current ones may require a lot of work. This is a place to discuss ideas, please make requests via the feature request option on the BUG TRACKER
piersmargary
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.2
I Use FreeStyler for: Church

can I create a virtual dimmer for an RGB device?

Post by piersmargary »

I have recently bought a DMX9 OEM circuit board. This allows me to address 9 seperate strings of RGB LED light strips I have created a Freestyler fixture that lets me address all 27 channels. the board is quite basic, just 9 seperate sets of RGB, no seperate dimmer per RGB or strobe or blackout.
Can I create a virtual dimmer for each RGB output in the Fixture creator using Formulae and Macros?

Spirit
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.9
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Re: can I create a virtual dimmer for an RGB device?

Post by Spirit »

Welcom piersmargary to the freestyler forum.

Yes freestyler have a feature so you can have a Virtual dimmer.
But the only way to do this is with the "submasters", you can not make your owne virtual dimmer.
freestyler does this automaticly if you use the submasters

so you need to make a Sequence with the RGB channels, add it to the Cue window, Save the cue, and add it to a submaster.
you can controll the Dimmer with the Intensitie slider next to a Submaster.
so if the slider is at 0% the dimmer is off at 100% the dimmer will be on.
AMD FX-6100 (3.6ghz)x6, Nvidia 770GTX 4GB, 8GB Ram,ROG MB, enttec Pro, Open enttec, Velleman, T2250MTS-B1 22"touchscreen, Ilyama 23" screen, scans, dimm, rgbled, laser, soundsystem Just a drive-in show. Live and Dance
piersmargary
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.3.2
I Use FreeStyler for: Church

Post by piersmargary »

Spirit, thanks for the information
It sounds like I can set up one master fader for all RGB channels. Is it possible to create 9 submasters/intensity faders (one per RGB strip)?
Also is it possible to assign these faders to external MIDI control? I'm thinking this could be an effective method of generating sound to light.
Spirit
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.9
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Post by Spirit »

Yes you have 20 submasters / intensity sliders.
only you need to make 9 differnt sequences.

and you can also use midi.
go to->Setup->freestyler setup->external control-> midi control, and you can use "Submaster intens.1,2, ~, 19, 20"

you can also find info about submaster and Midi control here
http://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki

only at the moment it's seems that the wiki doesn't work.
Edit: the wiki work great again.
AMD FX-6100 (3.6ghz)x6, Nvidia 770GTX 4GB, 8GB Ram,ROG MB, enttec Pro, Open enttec, Velleman, T2250MTS-B1 22"touchscreen, Ilyama 23" screen, scans, dimm, rgbled, laser, soundsystem Just a drive-in show. Live and Dance

Return to “Ideas and Remarks”